The 13th Conference on Halophilic Microorganisms is selected by the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) to offer grants for event participation for Early Career Scientists.
The FEMS grant will allow the HALOPHILES2022 Organizing Committee to financially support (student early registration fee, accommodation to share, €300) a maximum of 12 European and non-European Early Career Scientists.
To apply for this grant, you would need to meet the following requirements:
• be a member of a FEMS Member Society* or be recommended by such a member
• be an Early Career Scientist**
• be an Active Microbiologist
• be presenting author at the meeting (oral or poster)
*Find out if your society is a FEMS Member at https://fems-microbiology.org/member-societies/
**These are active microbiologists who obtained the highest academic degree - Bachelor, Master or PhD - less than five years prior to the application deadline date, or are a Master or PhD student. Periods of maternity/paternity leave, special leave, or illness do not count toward this definition.
- Tick the participation at the FEMS grant application when submitting your abstract
- Fill out and sign the meeting grant application form
- Upload the application form into the "My documents" tab on the Attendee Portal before May 11th, 2022
As a FEMS Member Society member, you can:
• benefit from the grant provided for this meeting (see Eligibility above)
• apply for a range of other FEMS Grants
• benefits/discounts off the registration fee for FEMS Congresses/Conferences
• benefit from a 25% discount off a selection of Oxford University Press books